5 posts • joined 2 Aug 2009
I use it on a VERY old laptop, and it's brilliant. I read somewhere that LXDE is less resource-hungry than XFCE, and my experience with both bears that out. Give Lubuntu a go, especially if you want to rescue an old bit of tin.
Redundant Array of Inexpensive Servers
I look forward to the royalties rolling in..
105 at 08:20
Not what I expected..
I thought I'd see an article ranking victimised pilots - (by Lincolnshire air traffic controllers?). Too early for me.
Linux? 'fraid not
I wish it were so - I thought, when I bought my little Acer, that Linux on netbooks was going to cause some ripples - I had fond fantasies of catastrophic, panicked pricing action from Microsoft slowing, yet not stopping, the inevitable decline until XP cost four pounds fifty. Alas. Not to be.
Just google to see how difficult it is to get wi-fi, multi-monitors or sound (a microphone? no way!) working properly on netbooks with Linux. Not advanced stuff, just stuff that Paris would, and should, expect to 'just work'.
Linux on netbooks is a toy, in that it's designed for people that want to play with it. Not to compete with Microsoft for the love of a good woman.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...