5 posts • joined 2 Aug 2009
I use it on a VERY old laptop, and it's brilliant. I read somewhere that LXDE is less resource-hungry than XFCE, and my experience with both bears that out. Give Lubuntu a go, especially if you want to rescue an old bit of tin.
Redundant Array of Inexpensive Servers
I look forward to the royalties rolling in..
105 at 08:20
Not what I expected..
I thought I'd see an article ranking victimised pilots - (by Lincolnshire air traffic controllers?). Too early for me.
Linux? 'fraid not
I wish it were so - I thought, when I bought my little Acer, that Linux on netbooks was going to cause some ripples - I had fond fantasies of catastrophic, panicked pricing action from Microsoft slowing, yet not stopping, the inevitable decline until XP cost four pounds fifty. Alas. Not to be.
Just google to see how difficult it is to get wi-fi, multi-monitors or sound (a microphone? no way!) working properly on netbooks with Linux. Not advanced stuff, just stuff that Paris would, and should, expect to 'just work'.
Linux on netbooks is a toy, in that it's designed for people that want to play with it. Not to compete with Microsoft for the love of a good woman.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize