6 posts • joined 31 Jul 2009
@Serves the buggers right
It turns out that that woman was a follower of Lyndon LaRouch:
"Works" for me.
I have Microsoft Office on my computer, but I never use it. The few times I want to bang out a letter or two, I use Microsoft Works.
Also, if I ever need to do some serious work, I have Open Office as well.
BTW, I was in "WallyWorld" (WalMart) yesterday, and I saw an Acer netbook offered for sale WITHOUT Word installed!
A nit to pick
@On a sensible note
"quite possibly noone would be any the wiser."
Since WHEN did the words NO ONE become one word?
I've noticed this a lot (also two words) lately on various blogs and website comments sections.
Re: Google, telcos in wireless agreement shock
Maybe if the government bypassed the big telcos and offered the money to rural co-ops something would be done.
My telco, a local co-operative, is in the process of bringing Fios to their customers (http://www.3rivers.net/NewsArticles/FiberToThePremises%20.htm)
If the gov't subsidised them, Maybe I could get fios sooner than a few years down the road!
@ In road mode
I agree. Lose the aircraft bits & I'd buy one for commuting purposes.
If just deliberately typed an incorrect URL using OpenDNS (nisa.gov vs nasa.gov) and I received a "Server not found" error message. I was NOT redirected to another URL.
I'll just keep on using OpenDNS, thenkyew!
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast