3 posts • joined 13 May 2007
I think MS has trodden its path for so long it has lost its direction. Watch Gates talking about the Kitchen of the Future as opposed to doing a great operating system, or copying its way into every possible market, and you see how MS is simply a marketing company with crappy technology, hence the proliferation of BS MS marketing consultants each etching out a justification for their own existence. Compare Apple - a tech company with great marketing - it has a direction.
Baam! Richard said it
But, a small point is that the most of the world uses SDH, not SONET - so the channel would be a STM-64. But then I think the rates are the same anyway, making this a rather useless contribution.
Why not just include a new condition in the spec: drop a packet if its source routing header contains an address that appears more than once? Keeping the original functionality, right?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Special Report Roll up for El Reg's 3G/4G MONOPOLY DATA PUB CRAWL