Re: No surprise
That isn't really true. iOS7 isn't any more of a copy of Android than a Tonka Truck is of the real thing. iOS7 is little more than a app drawer with a wonkey, vertigo inducing background and a snazzy media player that appears on the lock screen. ITo be a copy of Andoid it would still need to add:
- widgets or other methods of adding live information for instant display
- customisation ability beyond changing the wall paper and ringtone and sorting apps into folders.
- ability to integrate third party apps such as launchers, browsers or keyboards that override the stock ones.
- ability to sideload apps (even if that introduces a massive potential risk of malware)
- the ability to browse the file system and save files from any source or program without having to rely on bouncing back and forth through cloud servers and providers.
- google Now = Siri done right
- real multitasking including the ability to have two app windows open at the same time (thanks for that Samsung)
Jailbreaking iOS does get some of these features right, but that isn't really the answer
Let me know when they actually implement some of these features and then it might be worth taking seriously.