23 posts • joined Sunday 13th May 2007 11:21 GMT
they have already tried windows smart phones with the ipaq 514 .
not bad small phone apart from screen picks up every scratch in the universe after two months use .After three it is almost unusable.
Shame because it has all the bell's and whistles .
Is this BT's plan to reduce network use so they don't have to throttle user's because anyone with a choice who knows anything will leave .
all I can see them having as a custard base are granny's who don't know about this interweb thing . I Suppose it save's then upgrading the network !
No such material occurs naturally
How do you know just because you haven't seen them does not mean they are not there.
This virgin media custard will be a ex custard if they even ask me to test this sh**
Then again if i test something I get payed ? (Big invoice for services ) then exit.
virgin media user agreement
This is a copy and paste
Terms and conditions for your residential customer service agreement
With your permission, we may monitor email and internet communications, including without limitation, any content or material transmitted over the services.
G Your details and how we look after them
1. You must give us promptly and accurately all the information which may be needed so that we and Virgin Media Payments can perform our respective obligations under this agreement. You must also tell us immediately if any of your details change.
"READ THIS BIT SLOWLY "
2. By having the services we provide installed in your home and/or by using them you are giving us your consent to use your personal information together with other information for the purposes of providing you with our services, service information and updates, administration, credit scoring, customer services, training, tracking use of our services (including processing call, usage, billing, viewing and interactive data), profiling your usage and purchasing preferences for so long as you are a customer and for as long as is necessary for these specified purposes after you terminate your services. We may occasionally use third parties to process your personal information in the ways outlined above. These third parties are permitted to use the data only in accordance with our instructions.
3. We may also, subject to your consent, use your personal information to contact you with information about special offers and rewards. We and other Virgin companies (e.g. Virgin Atlantic) may also, subject to your consent, use your personal information to contact you with information about their products and services including special offers from them, and we may disclose your personal information to other Virgin companies and sub-contractors and agents for these purposes. But don't worry, we won't share your details with companies outside the Virgin group for marketing purposes without your consent.
This is hidden 3/4 of the way down the page .
So VM can phorm you already
Is this why they have been so quiet on the subject ?
also VM had a lot of network problem's LAST SUMMER with slow connections etc .WERE they trying phorm on the sly?
And the users
would say what is a browser? what is w3c ?
and go to someone else for there goods/services/porn
Have some fun
Anyone know of a addin for firefox that will go to random sites get pages then delete them and so on.
The plan is to leave a system running two or three browsers running 24/7 and fcuk there tracking up would be nice to have a couple of big high bandwidth servers but one can only dream (or hack)
One or two problems
With the way this is setup it will either blow hot air towards the ddr dims adding heat or suck the warm air back over it's own heat sink.
most north bridge coolers vent at 90 degrees to the board to allow the case fans to expel the heat.
Story says cpu fan when intell socket can be seen on photo?.
If it does work on the cpu how will the system start as most boards sense the cpu fan at startup . you could plug in a case fan into the connection but how will that save power?.
He will "consult the largest global internet and technology companies"
so he will ring bill and co and make a terrorist out of anyone who breaks copy protection . After all we cant have To much protection can we
In three years are they living /dying in the yank tower of doom?.
I blame the mobile phone's .
But it could be the pet's getting there own back for the crap food. After eating what part of it's body does a dog lick to get rid of the taste'
Look at the rock the UK is made of Sand stone /limestone /granite etc and then say we have a stable climate .FFS limestone is dead tropical sea crustaceans and sand stone ? (the clue is in the name ) from a warm climate .global warming ok but we are just coming out of an ice age . On a earth time scale the human race is not even a blip of a second.
nanny knows best
We have baned cigs , we are on or way with cars what other pleasure can we take away from the plebes?. booze !
why don't they just GET A LIFE and stop trying to run everyone else's .
Has anyone noticed how it's still legal to get up every morning before the birds fart
when that has got to be bad for you .But then they would not be able to get there coffee on the way to work at noon if the milk man didn't deliver and the papers didn't come so they could read what to think /how to dress/what to eat.
F**kit I'm going for another beer an fag and light a few heaters up.cheers
most road tax dodgers don't have an mot or insurance but if they get caught can get a fine lower than what they would have payed fo the insurance alone .an18 to 25 year old can pay £1000 to £2000 for insurance. so were is the incentive to be legal and honest except if daddy is supplying the new car.
virgin are getting really bad i've had blueyonder broadband for 3years. Now the service is running at :-Date 14/05/07 16:35:18
Speed Down 515.79 Kbps ( 0.5 Mbps )
Speed Up 357.46 Kbps ( 0.3 Mbps )
This is the fastest it has run for ten day's .On the vm page it say's
* Up to 10Mb
Rolling out up to 20Mb
* No download limits†
(unlike some of our competitors)
* Download a music track◊ in under 4 seconds "
FALSE ADVERTISING .any one from bt like to respond to the quote (unlike some of our competitors)bit. Then again you don't need limits if no one can download .
The last bit is a good idea but because to many lawers in the us would have nothing to do then it would never get approved in any way shape or form. Although it would solve the online gambling problem for a lot of yank's
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination