14 posts • joined Friday 31st July 2009 03:24 GMT
I do all my work in LO in preference to MSOffice, simply because I prefer LO. And please don't tell me how LO isn't suitable for "adults" and only fit for children - that's condescending. And yes, my company can buy out your company with our canteen money.
I'll see your text file....
... and raise you an HTML page! I have a similar setup, but use an HTML page, with all the site names, user-id's and passwords. So I can just right-click on the link, and copy&paste the UID and password.
File is decrypted at startup of Firefox, and encrypted again when I close FF down (done in a script)
bu but but...
Does it run on Linux?
"they have chosen to use a non-standard format"
Never! Who'd have thunk?
Keep virgin Windows VM images on a server and copy to client Ubuntu PC's once the students have stuffed it up. It usually takes about 2 months for the students to do this, but the "restore" takes 8 minutes. Bliss.
Ballmer doesn't get it
Netbooks are not the same thing as laptops, dude. Google is going to kick your a*** when they marry their OS with the low-end netbooks.
And besides, since when did Ballmer know ANYTHING about "cool"?
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew