5 posts • joined Thursday 30th July 2009 21:15 GMT
POS software needs fixing!
I use my contactless card where I can, for the majority of the time it's quicker. The only thing that annoys me is that for some POS systems it looks like the person at the till has to select my method of payment and they have an option of 'Card' or 'Contactless', I get my card out ready to wave it by the reader, they see my card and assume it's a normal chip and PIN transaction.
They get annoyed when I say I want to wave it and at that point it's quicker for me to just put my PIN in.
Subway's system lets the buyer choose either chip and PIN or contactless, M&S also gives you the choice. But places like Boots and Caffe Nero, the person at the till has to make the choice unless you say before hand, it's not very streamlined and even then there's not a lot of people behind the tills who seem to have heard of it!
(ARD)ly worth it
I used to admin around 100 macs and ARD regularly refused to play nicely with the odd machine, a minor pain if the machine was sat in a room at the other end of the building.
Try looking after thousands of Macs in multiple buildings in multiple countries, needs to work first time every time!
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene