4 posts • joined 29 Jul 2009
As someone thinking of finally upgrading an old CRT, I will be buying a non Freeview HD TV, as I watch all my telly through my trusty old DVR, allowing me to pause, rewind and record. I can save hundreds by purchasing a Freeview telly rather than a Freeview HD one.
When my DVR dies, I will probably get an HD one, but until then I can live with regular old Freeview
What really happend
Head Intel Exec: "Hmm I need new Antivirus Software"... Phones Underling "Go buy McAfee!"
A few days later
Underling: "We've just bought McAfee"
Head Intel Exec: "Great! What version?"
Underling: "Version?" *GULP*
Beards are for Windows Users
Beards are the result of leaving your face on default setting, and performing no maintainance.
I should know, I've got a big ginger one!
As an ex warehouse employee I can see the other side
In some of these instances, the Sony one for example, the item probably arrives at the warehouse in the packaging. The people that pick and pack the items to be dispatched, probably dont have a clue as to what is actually in the smaller boxes. Perhaps you would rather receive your chips all in one bag (not anti-static) after being handled by a burly bloke wearing a cheap fleece jacket.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low