3 posts • joined 26 Jul 2009
Don't hate Wendy because FalconStor was too challenging for you.
My Morale is still high!
I handle the FalconStor account at CDW and CDW just had their best FalconStor quarter, ever! FalconStor CDP is tremendous technology, they have data progression in their NSS line, they can make any SAN faster with their NSS SAN Accelerator, I believe they still have the fastest deduplication solution on the planet (multi-node VTL-SIR cluster), and their FDS has everything a customer could want in a NAS based deduplication appliance.
I'm pretty sure the senior architect that resigned in CO and the sales engineer that resigned in Denver is the same person. Greg Doherty is a friend of mine and he decided to accept a job with Fusion-IO. Flash Memory technology is sexy right now and he gets to focus on their OEM relationships, which is just like the old FalconStor model.
I can only speak for myself, but I love working with FalconStor (as you can tell by my blog at www.brianshillair.tumblr.com).
Your Article Posted on March 9th, 2009
Falconstor/Sun wins speediest dedupe race
The article mentions an ingestion rate of 11,000 MB/s, which I believe is 39TB/hour. Your Data Domain article mentions an ingestion rate of 5.4TB/hour
"The ingest rate of 5.4TB/hour is faster than any other backup/dedupe controller product, whether they do inline deduplication, (as Data Domain does,) post-process deduplication, or no deduplication at all."
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...