6 posts • joined Saturday 25th July 2009 02:52 GMT
"they've got the database of verified names and addresses sitting right there, by definition"
Nah, it's probably on a USB pen drive somewhere...
Mine's the one with the hole in the pockets...
Whilst it might be expensive and impractical at the moment, it's called research!
Tell me where in that article does it say that this is a finished product Sony are happy that 25% wastage is acceptable?
"But the technology is far from perfect, Sony admitted."
If Microsoft have to do this...
Then surely Apple should be forced to do the same - Safari is not the only Mac browser out there! IMO Apple are far more controlling of the end user experience than MS.
And which browsers will we get a choice of then? Who will make that decision?
I know IE is hated by many, mainly because of previous versions, and the fact it came out of Redmond, but this is just going to generate a lot of confusion for joe public when they buy a new Windows 7 PC. Another decision they have to make instead of simply getting on with it, when in reality they couldn't give two hoots!!
This sets a dangerous precident - bullying tactics by the EU. Sadly yhey appear to have successfully got away with this, what will they try in the future?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?