2 posts • joined 23 Jul 2009
Good see that you were able to see through the mist and see what's really important today - lost cost solutions. Thank you..
What are the right performance specs?
240 15K RPM drives could deliver 72,000 IOPS (@300 IOPS each). If Sandforce specs 30,000 IOPS, why does it take 9 SSDs versus 3 (72,000/30,000=2.4) to replace the 240 drives? Is the real performance for Sandforce closer to 8,000 IOPS? Which is the realitiy?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft