2 posts • joined 23 Jul 2009
Good see that you were able to see through the mist and see what's really important today - lost cost solutions. Thank you..
What are the right performance specs?
240 15K RPM drives could deliver 72,000 IOPS (@300 IOPS each). If Sandforce specs 30,000 IOPS, why does it take 9 SSDs versus 3 (72,000/30,000=2.4) to replace the 240 drives? Is the real performance for Sandforce closer to 8,000 IOPS? Which is the realitiy?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?