1 post • joined 22 Jul 2009
Sun is lucky that Oracle bought them
To use a term from TV, Sun jumped the shark with the StorageTek purchase. They have been dead men walking since then. 4$ billion wasted on StorageTek, poor management, inefficient internal systems (it takes them a wekk or more to get a quote to a customer), no leadership. Oracle cutting and slashing is likely too good for the middle and senior management of Sun. It's sad that they will walk away with millions.....
There has been very little posted on the openSolaris community site since December/January (did they lay-off those employees?).
I'm also surprised that their sales in second Q 2009 were not off by 50%, creative book-keeping?
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*