3 posts • joined Monday 11th September 2006 07:52 GMT
Re: Eye Spy with My Raspberry Pi
The Pi is quite fussy about what webcam it will work with (see http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals#USB_Webcams), so it probably won't work. As posted before, the performance you get with a usb webcam is woeful (think 3fps), so this new camera module is a god-send (for those wanting to create camera-based projects)
Firmware updates? Dream on......
The chances of Netgear issuing further firmware updates is remote. I own the EVA700 and we had one official release of the firmware but that fixed none of the issues the unit had and quickly disappeared.
I for one won't be buying any more Netgear gear. They seem to ship the stuff out the door and never listen to their customers. Frequent requests for them to fix issues or at least give us a clue whether a new firmware would be released were left unanswered, even on their own forums.
But what about the noise?
Great review, but what it doesn't tell us is the ambient noise the thing makes (exluding the hard disk obviously). If you want one of these sitting next to your router in your living room, you need it to be as quiet as possible. The last time I considered buying one them they all seemed to be quite noisey.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action