8 posts • joined 17 Jul 2009
My bets are on....
The switches being HP ProCurves.
there are still some industries where you aren't allowed to take cameras on site, meaning you have to lose your whole phone.
Does this also have the horrible feature of no portrait qwerty keyboard? that's just a terrible design choice.
we were talking about it at work....
....and we've figured out who this product is for. It's for girls.
1) It will fit in a handbag
2) It has an eBook reader
3) It gives a simple way to look at the internet without fear of viruses or needing a man to tell you what to do
4) It won't ever make that "BONK! You must be an idiot!" noise that Windows makes when it hits an error
5) Your husband will never scream "don't click there, click there. NO, THERE!"
And these things may not sound like much to a geek like me, but to someone who hates computers like my mum and my sister, it turns computing from an umpleaseant to a pleasant experience. I'm just not sure the form factor is right. A netbook style could give the same user experience, but then there's a £60 keyboard for that.
RE: Streaming iPad
uhhh....why the hell would you need that feature?
If it's on iTunes, you have an iMac. powermac or macbook (or a PC....) which all have larger screens for you to watch on, or you could buy a macmini, appleTV or non apple product to stream them and play them on your livingroom TV.
I cannot see any reason to ever need to stream media to an iPad since the only time you'd do that is whilst at home.
unless you are thinking of doing the PS3 + PSP thingy of being able to stream it remotely, but that's very expensive over 3G and very low use.
I'm waiting for...
Mouse Trap: The Movie
They could even tie it in with a Tom and Jerry license
I mildly like Zimbra, but it's just not complete enough to fully replace Exchange/Outlook for my company. Especially when the cost of fully paid up Zimbra + Mobile Access for all of my users works out at 3 times more than an exchange server with all the CALs
More cost for less functionality just to say it's Open Source? No Tah I'll stick with being called a Microsoft Whore.
may as well be the first to post this
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes