11 posts • joined Tuesday 14th July 2009 17:04 GMT
RE: Why is it muppetry?
But let's say, hypothetically, that the Flyer happens to be the device that meets your needs perfectly. Isn't avoiding it so MS don't get $5 a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face?
Warning: massive pedantry
1) Hoist, in the phrase to which you allude, is a verb not a noun.
2) Petard, although derived from French, is an English word, and so does not have an accent on the e.
3) As far as I know "heureusement" means "luckily", in which case "quelle heureusement" doesn't actually make any sense.
Surely this applies to Apple too?
There must be apps around that won't run on the original iphone, or even on the 3G? Just as there must be ipad apps that won't run on iphones (seeing as the tablet issue was also mentioned as leading to further fragmentation). How is this any different to older and/or cheaper android phones not being able to run some apps?
Have you read it?
It's actually called "On the Origin of Species", not "The Origin of THE Species". So many people get that wrong.
RE: Techie none Techie
Android users don't *have* to faff about like this either. But they have the option to do these things with the device that they paid for, rather than being told what they can and cannot do.
RE: HTC Desire Froyo
The article says "some" and "custom versions" before "2.2 Froyo". E.g. stuff like CyanogenMod.
Unfortunately this is the only way to get 2.1 or 2.2 on the HTC Magic since HTC/Vodafone basically gave up on the device a year after it was launched.
Why on earth would anyone be a "fanboi" for search engines / email / online mapping? Maybe lots of people like it and use it because it works, and is generally better than the competition? Sounds more like you have an anti-Google agenda, rather than anyone else being particularly pro-Google.
iPhone at 8, but "Mobile Phones" at 21!?
You clearly do...
... as you not only clicked on this story but then proceeded to take time to comment on it.
It amazes me how any Reg article that has anything to do with football has loads of comments from people saying how little they care about it. Tip - if you hate football/footballers don't click on stories that are clearly about football/footballers.
@fif and Dcope
Neither of you like football, but you both clicked and commented on a story that is quite obviously about football. Why would you do this if you dislike it so much?
P.S. TeeCee - I was at OT when Giggs missed that sitter against Arsenal, but it was at least on the edge of the box (as I remember it anyway!) so I wouldn't regard it as a contender for worst ever. Definitely still a shocker though!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot