4 posts • joined Thursday 9th July 2009 20:22 GMT
...since Microsoft put up $2bn as a loan to help Michael Dell buy his company back:
Back scratching and all that. Mind you, I'm a proud owner of both a Windows Phone (HTC 8X) and Surface Pro, so this is all to the good as far as the platforms are concerned.
Google Translate FTW
The page translation is fun, but the page title even better:
"Beans torpedo head office: Store Figures - / Neka system portal / portal device Prop Replica (s) and / or game"
Time will tell...
I've been working in broadcast for ~20 years, and worked with the first ever HD systems from Sony. Nothing I've seen has stood up to those original HD CRT based sets - until I saw the XEL-1. I still won't bother with plasma or LCD (although the new Samsung LED backlit sets are pretty good), and I still have a 22" Ferguson CRT that kicks the crap out of most displays I've seen.
If they can solve the lifespan issues, and get the price right, OLED is the only thing I've seen that I'd want in my front room. Of course, if it's a heavily compressed SD signal being badly upscaled to an HD display then all bets are off anyhow ;-)
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Interpol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?