3 posts • joined Thursday 9th July 2009 20:22 GMT
Google Translate FTW
The page translation is fun, but the page title even better:
"Beans torpedo head office: Store Figures - / Neka system portal / portal device Prop Replica (s) and / or game"
Time will tell...
I've been working in broadcast for ~20 years, and worked with the first ever HD systems from Sony. Nothing I've seen has stood up to those original HD CRT based sets - until I saw the XEL-1. I still won't bother with plasma or LCD (although the new Samsung LED backlit sets are pretty good), and I still have a 22" Ferguson CRT that kicks the crap out of most displays I've seen.
If they can solve the lifespan issues, and get the price right, OLED is the only thing I've seen that I'd want in my front room. Of course, if it's a heavily compressed SD signal being badly upscaled to an HD display then all bets are off anyhow ;-)
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging