2 posts • joined 11 May 2007
No cell phone is truly Granny Friendly
To the elderly all cell phones tend to be if not "user hostile" and least "user indifferent". Most of these people spent all their lives with wired phones and cell phones have completely different properties:
1. No dial tone. Once upon a time this signified your phone was broken.
2. Because there is no side tone coming out the receiver, the phone always sounds "dead" when you are talking.
3. Wired phones are full duplex, cell phones aren't. With a cell phone you can not easily interrupt an overly talkative party with an immediate comment. You have to wait for a pause, and time your response so you can break in while he takes a breath of air.
Actually seems likely
If it is one of the i-pods with a hard drive, that means it contains an electric motor, and every motor generates an electro-magnetic field. If the pacemaker sensors are reading body electrical signals controlling the heart muscle contractions, the input signal levels are pretty small (microvolts). Perhaps the weak fields generated by the motor and its controller are picked up on the sensors.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s