3 posts • joined 8 Jul 2009
In order to achieve processing targets staff may well defer dealing with more difficult cases until just that bit later,
This lag builds up throughout the year until March when there is a rush to get through, not only 45,000 extra cases, but a backlog of the awkward ones,
Those awkward cases are more likely to be error prone, need more work and are being dealt with at a particularly busy time.
A perfect storm for errors.
Follow the money
Not the Reg's usual standard. Why did the expert witness make this unverified comment?
Who doesn't get paid if plod uses a standard information source?
Of course Wikipedia is not the be all and end all of human knowledge but neither does it pretend to be, no wikipedia editor gets paid when their writing is cited elsewhere unlike this 'expert' who makes his living at it.
I started editing there because i found things that were incorrect and if everybody else who found errors did the same rather than spouting off about how their personal knowledge is, allegedly, so much better then maybe, just maybe reliability might improve.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder