4 posts • joined 3 Jul 2009
Hopefully no one has applied Rule #34 to any pics of Steve Jobs...
beer, because I must have many of them after *that* mental image
(hums Darth Vader theme music whilst typing))
Cor, it's becoming like the Yoo Ess over there over there, eh?
Reinventing The Wheel
Sounds like another re-invention of the wheel.
As others have said, why not stick with FireWire? USB was not designed with networking in mind, while FW networks work quite well. FW 800, 1600 and 3200 seem to work as designed insofar as transfer speeds are concerned. Unfortunately MicroSoft appears to no longer support FW, IIRC.
FW also doesn't need the CPU "overhead" that USB requires, it can stand on its own hardware-wise, another plus over any sort of USB.
If only FiberChannel and similar optical hardware wasn't so expensive, you'd have gobs of bandwidth to play with.
to dr_forrester, "Kinda worrying" --
If it were a GWB USB drive, it would be constantly crashing, or perhaps install surveillance software on your machine. :-P A Dick Cheney thumb drive would worry me even more.
But seriously, it's been a while since the US has had any sort of president that has evoked such hero worship as Mr Obama. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad.
Regardless, the drive looks quite spiffy and appears to be fairly rugged from the photos I've seen.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity