7 posts • joined Friday 3rd July 2009 16:12 GMT
The joys of running plugins without being asked
I've lost two XP machines to drive by infections. Now with Flashblock and Foxit Reader instead of Adobe on Win 7 I'm *slightly* more confident, but what I really want it the equivilent of flashblock for all 3rd part plugin content. I really don't think there's a problem in asking me whether I want to load something or not ... that way I'd know if it was in response to something I'd clicked on.
Just the domain names?
If they haven't confiscated the servers only the domain name, then it'll be trivial to point another name at the sites IP. DNS 101.
I hope this operation didn't cost lots of money.
Erm, they're not bad at all
As someone who thinks the logo was a great big pile of poo, the mascots came as a pleasant surprise. Visually interesting, original and given the video with then in, expressive.
Much better than yet another anthropomorphised lion or bulldog as some commentators seem to be suggesting.
@ Grant Alexander
Windows 2000 (NT 5.0)
Windows XP (NT 5.1)
Windows Vista (NT 6)
Windows 7 follows the NT OS version number, of which 3.1, 3.11 for workgroups, 95, 98 and ME were never a part of.
Re: Excuse me but...
"I will have to make myself a cup of tea and settle in for this scintillating discussion which I've only witnessed 32 times this year."
Well, if you don't like your site doing a Mckinnon article every other week, imagine how we feel :(
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Interpol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?