4 posts • joined 1 Jul 2009
Failure to provide amusement!
I agree with Evil Auditor. The article is a failure because it fails to include a re-enactment of the disaster. Where's the playmobil? Where's the IT angle?
While I'm at it - we should be able to choose more than one icon. One icon doesn't adequately describe my emotions!!!!?!?!?!
\ and 0 characters?
"The bug stems from code that causes browsers, email clients, and other SSL-enabled apps to ignore all characters following the \ and 0 characters, which are used to denote the end of a sequence of characters in C-based languages."
Not to be pedantic, but \0 is an escape sequence in languages like C that actually becomes the NULL character (i.e. a single rather than two characters). Therefore, it should read:
The bug stems from code that causes browsers, email clients, and other SSL-enabled apps to ignore all characters following the null character, which is used to denote the end of a sequence of characters in C-based languages.
@I'm confused... "open sourced"?
From what I can tell, Android is released under the Apache license and not the GPL, which means that a port is not necessarily open source. So MIPS would not have been compelled to make the source available with any binary distributions.
So I would argue that the story is "MIPS open sources living room Android port".
That guy is a twat.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL