4 posts • joined 1 Jul 2009
Failure to provide amusement!
I agree with Evil Auditor. The article is a failure because it fails to include a re-enactment of the disaster. Where's the playmobil? Where's the IT angle?
While I'm at it - we should be able to choose more than one icon. One icon doesn't adequately describe my emotions!!!!?!?!?!
\ and 0 characters?
"The bug stems from code that causes browsers, email clients, and other SSL-enabled apps to ignore all characters following the \ and 0 characters, which are used to denote the end of a sequence of characters in C-based languages."
Not to be pedantic, but \0 is an escape sequence in languages like C that actually becomes the NULL character (i.e. a single rather than two characters). Therefore, it should read:
The bug stems from code that causes browsers, email clients, and other SSL-enabled apps to ignore all characters following the null character, which is used to denote the end of a sequence of characters in C-based languages.
@I'm confused... "open sourced"?
From what I can tell, Android is released under the Apache license and not the GPL, which means that a port is not necessarily open source. So MIPS would not have been compelled to make the source available with any binary distributions.
So I would argue that the story is "MIPS open sources living room Android port".
That guy is a twat.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO
- Banking apps: Handy, can grab all your money... and RIDDLED with coding flaws