4 posts • joined 10 Sep 2009
The distribution gets renamed, and sadly the continuous access to source code in the opensolaris.org repository goes away. We'll see what happens, but from what I understand, source is to be made available when the "product" is release, not as good but still better than no source :)
You left one out....
Oracle/Sun F5100, it can do around 1.6M IOPS.......
4 years to late
Lots of talk and no action, should have been booted out at least 4 years a go.
The main reason is that TPC-C sucks
The main reason for Sun not doing any TPC-C benchmarks is more based on the fact that TPC-C sucks as a benchmark and have very little use in real life. Do some fact checking next time...
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes