7 posts • joined 29 Jun 2009
There is an expression for this
Goes something about a pot, a kettle, and the colour black I believe.
the preview covers up the ads
Eee girl is back. I vote a eee girl icon too. Please....... pretty pretty please???
you geeks are all the same
The point is, best beloved, that they are producing an OS for the great unwashed, not the esteemed over-clocked, penguin loving elreg readers found here.
Something that suits *most* of the people *most* of the time. The same people who actually do give a fuck what Paris did today.
ms web aps
Its funny, i recently was forced to start using MS outlook exchange via web access light. Can you believe this gem of an email ap doesn't even contain a spell check? Online office? ..hehehe, stop it...
It will work
Take and Gen Y and give them 2 choices:
1. have this plan/phone and pay for every call and sms
2. Have this phone/plan, call and txt for free if you are willing to listen to an ad.
I am sure you will find the vast portion of youf will choose option 2.
The mass market is youf, and they don't give a fuck, so long as its free.
I'm not a geek, just a user, but it seems to me this is all a bit of a moot point.
Disclosure: I use all Google products every day.
Seems to me that a large proportion of the great unwashed out there (i.e. people worth collecting data on in the first place and have money, will spend) are more than happy to throw up all the personal info about themselves by their own hand via Facebook, bebo, and all mannor of other webtivities. In addition to this, they (the majority) also will happily click anywhere on the web with no idea of the potential risks. I am astounded I still get chain emails sent to me from people I assumed had a fraction of common sense. There is the rub. They don't.
So, as a humble user, dear reg readers, I think your deeper and not doubt technically legitimate concerns about the implications of the various data transfer models are somewhat akin to a Doctor being concerned about McDonalds. The law of numbers and the great unwashed will prevail.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor