10 posts • joined Friday 26th June 2009 08:30 GMT
Worked for me
Got an email at the start of the year from Stardock advertising this. Ended up upgrading 5 family PCs and bought this for each one!
Wow, almost 30 seconds to google and find a guide to get performance back on an SSD!
And yes, I use this on my 3 year old SSD and have no problems with speed.
Would've been nice to locate both HDMI ports on the back.
I assume the device is going to be sitting on top of a shelf/TV/STB so the IR sensor is pointing forward but then you're gonna have an HDMI cable poking out before bending back :/
It'll be like last time then...
As soon as the 16GB iPhone 4 came out it was suddenly impossible to find a 16GB 3GS anywhere. Probably find the 16GB iPhone 4 will vanish and anyone wanting some decent space will have no choice but to fork out for the newest iPhone.
RE: Value for money ?????????
Here's what i get 'out-the-box' with windows that actually matters to me:
- Ability to install and play games (how come that's neer on the list when people spout about how great linux is?)
- Ability to install Firefox
- Ability to plank any member of the family in front of the pc
- Ability to configure a lot of the aspects of my pc (do people just go 'Open control Panel can't find it so it doesn't exist' instead of editing policies?)
- Define 'good' media player? WMP does everything i need it to with the added benefit of working with my MCE remote
And seriously, do people read the article? Where's all this confusion about the EU Full and Upgrade versions coming from?
US gets Full and Upgrade version. EU gets "Full" version WITHOUT IE for the same price as US Upgrade. EU doesn't get Upgrade WITHOUT IE because MS won't have it ready in time.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging