12 posts • joined 24 Jun 2009
I have Xubuntu 13.10 running quite happily using FakePAE on a T42 ThinkPad https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PAE OK the installation is long winded but it works...
Garmin Dakota 20
I use a Dakota 20 with OS maps (1:50K) and it's compatible with Garmin heart rate and cadence meters wirelessly, the screen is dull with the back light off but in daylight you don't need it plus it makes the AAs last longer. Overall it's good as a bicycle GPS unit albeit a little bit bulky. This and the lower spec (discontinued?) Dakota 10 will be available for similar money. A bicycle GPS is really good idea for route following and giving you an idea of the upcoming terrain either on or off road, especially with OS mapping.
Nope you've just ordered it...
1 though 4 are a bit of a mystery to me...
5. Is an Ikara Anti Submarine rocket that had nuclear warhead in production
6. Looks alot like a Sea Slug (Looks as though it probably shot down a Fairey Firefly drone!)
7. Is an English Electric Canberra (but not sure of the mark though, a B.2(mod)?)
8. Is a Gloster Meteor T.7 but with a camera nose from an FR.9 or PR.10
RE: “global strike” capability that could reacion on the planet within a few minutes.
The US already have that... They're called ICBMs! Swap the nuclear warheads for some concrete or conventional explosives and there you go...
Don't worry though....
The MoD will be getting some (but not all) of that cash... So the US Marine Corps can buy our old Harriers to do exactly the same thing i.e. breaking them up for parts to keep theirs flying!
Alien spacecraft crash site anyone
Mostly Completely UNFILMABLE
Most of list this can never, ever be filmed what you've got here is a great reading list. Use you brain to make the special effects people! I'm not voting for this very reason... but if I did it would be for the Atrocity Archives at least there's a fighting chance of filming that, if it was made in the UK!
I for one...
welcome the fact that it's 01/04/10!
Anti Opel Artillery
That's a Bloodhound Surface to Air Missile so not much good for blowing up cars sadly. Perhaps the MOD can request the number plate to be blurred - once somebody there can figure out who to ask and then get the 15 forms filled in!
Get this made!
One of the best bits of design I've seen in a long time - Someone get this into production NOW!
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap