5 posts • joined 7 Jul 2009
Switzerland the first, not Finland
Some blogs are saying that Switzerland was the first to make broadband available to all since 1st January 2008.
Napoleon was average height, and taller than Nelson
Napoleon was 5'7" tall, Nelson was 5'6", both average for men 200 years ago.
I think I'm right in saying this isn't irony. It's perfectly appropriate, as you say yourself in the bootnote.
Psion's Symbian projector phone from 2001
Have a look at the 2001 Symbian/Psion concept prototype shown in the top right of this pic:
The Psion Halo is basically a complete 3G phone built into a headset, and has no screen but instead projects an image onto a flat wall, and uses voice recognition. Not much privacy though...
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked