5 posts • joined Friday 19th June 2009 21:18 GMT
"and can be switched between 2D and 3D modes"
I think this point is critical in terms of mass adoption of these monitors.
Having active shutter glasses as the method of 3D delivery, however, seems a bit old school. Throw out the glasses please?
Gibi not Giga!
"The nominal capacity of 2TB yields a true 1863GB once the drive has been formatted."
Once formatted the drive still yields 2000GB (gigabytes). In fact it was 1863GiB (gibibytes) even before it was even formatted!
2000 GB = 1862.637 GiB
2000x10^9 bytes = 1862.637x2^30 bytes
I know I know, who cares? And I agree it is pedantic of me to correct this but software AND hardware manufacturers need to start to adopt this convention to minimize consumer confusion. Remember that Mars probe that NASA lost? UNITS!!!
@ Matthew Smith:
You sir need to read!
"There will have to be some sort of special powering device external to the card to power the OLED display."
"...display requires such a small amount of power that it can be driven by an RFID reader."
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!