5 posts • joined 19 Jun 2009
Anyone remember this 'lil nugget of goodness?
"and can be switched between 2D and 3D modes"
I think this point is critical in terms of mass adoption of these monitors.
Having active shutter glasses as the method of 3D delivery, however, seems a bit old school. Throw out the glasses please?
Only 9 hours?
I just got a 12-cell batt for my acer aspire one which I've modified by adding bluetooth, touchscreen, internal usb hub, 1.5GB RAM.
The battery life? 10.5 hours.
Gibi not Giga!
"The nominal capacity of 2TB yields a true 1863GB once the drive has been formatted."
Once formatted the drive still yields 2000GB (gigabytes). In fact it was 1863GiB (gibibytes) even before it was even formatted!
2000 GB = 1862.637 GiB
2000x10^9 bytes = 1862.637x2^30 bytes
I know I know, who cares? And I agree it is pedantic of me to correct this but software AND hardware manufacturers need to start to adopt this convention to minimize consumer confusion. Remember that Mars probe that NASA lost? UNITS!!!
@ Matthew Smith:
You sir need to read!
"There will have to be some sort of special powering device external to the card to power the OLED display."
"...display requires such a small amount of power that it can be driven by an RFID reader."
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM