5 posts • joined Friday 19th June 2009 21:18 GMT
"and can be switched between 2D and 3D modes"
I think this point is critical in terms of mass adoption of these monitors.
Having active shutter glasses as the method of 3D delivery, however, seems a bit old school. Throw out the glasses please?
Gibi not Giga!
"The nominal capacity of 2TB yields a true 1863GB once the drive has been formatted."
Once formatted the drive still yields 2000GB (gigabytes). In fact it was 1863GiB (gibibytes) even before it was even formatted!
2000 GB = 1862.637 GiB
2000x10^9 bytes = 1862.637x2^30 bytes
I know I know, who cares? And I agree it is pedantic of me to correct this but software AND hardware manufacturers need to start to adopt this convention to minimize consumer confusion. Remember that Mars probe that NASA lost? UNITS!!!
@ Matthew Smith:
You sir need to read!
"There will have to be some sort of special powering device external to the card to power the OLED display."
"...display requires such a small amount of power that it can be driven by an RFID reader."
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging