Dell market share down ? Not a surprise !
Dell does everything to prevent new orders. Here is at least 8 ways how :
1) Dell sales representatives know little (outside of US: nothing) about their products.
2) Dell has dozens of phone numbers leading to only a couple of teams, hence the unnecessary confusion.
3) Even Dell representatives don't agree with each other on which team should get a single customer's case.
4) Dell's automated phone service sends you to an outsourced sales representative who doesn't speak the same language and tries to sell you different, more expensive products than found on the Dell website.
5) Dell sends an email to an entreprise customer saying that a representative will reach out, but 2 weeks later still nothing.
6) After 2 messages sent to a dedicated address (Dell_EMEA_VIP@dell.com) and 2 phone calls where it was confirmed they were in direct contact with the responsible person at the aforementioned address, still no answer.
7) And when one does try to put in an order on the Dell website, their free chat doesn't work, displaying an "Invalid login attempt" error.
8) Worse, the Dell website's purchase process changes language half-way through. If you can't "Deutsch sprechen", hard luck buying anything !