2 posts • joined 18 Jun 2009
A more fundamental problem with Bitcoin is that it's supply is fixed, even more so than that of gold, which at least can be mined out of the ground. If the supply of Bitcoin cannot expand as the economy itself expands, it can never be adopted as a viable currency. Neil Irwin wrote an excellent article on this at http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/12/bitcoin-is-ludicrous-but-it-tells-us-something-important-about-the-nature-of-money/.
Nice box, shame about the upgrades
Having owned Shuttle boxes for many years, I have found them to be quiet, attractive and very reliable. The major drawback in my opinion is that it's either impossible or very expensive indeed to upgrade the motherboard.
This limits their attractiveness greatly in my opinion - my other, non-Shuttle cases have had 3 or 4 new Mobos before becoming totally knackered. I can see my current Shuttle being retired long before it wears out - that's assuming I don't experience a Mobo fault, which might mean buying and entirely new box....
If you have the money though, there's no better SFF.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS