2 posts • joined Thursday 18th June 2009 14:34 GMT
Re: That's strange
I was under the impression that the UK, with the odd exception like speed limits, was mostly metric these days anyway.
I grew up there knowing both metric and imperial distances, and usually think in kilos rather than pounds and ounces.
My solution for the speed limits too is just claim all speed limits from <date> should be read as kilometres instead of miles. And increase the national speed limits. All inner city speeds are instantly cut by 30%, and it costs nothing more than a small advertising campaign. All roads where the national speed limit applies are marked with ( / ) signs so they don't need to be changed.
Oh, and no matter what system of measurements NASA use, JPL will still manage to crash things into planets that wandered unexpectedly into the flight path.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat