3 posts • joined 9 May 2007
Why java wasnt used originally
The reason java wasnt used is because it needs a lot more processing power and memory than c. The boxes are much more expensive to make (or were when digital stb's originally came out) and Sun didnt want to make a cut down version of java. I remember seeing some early attempts at java powered boxes and they were painfully slow.
Hows this different from...
The Lynx deodorant series of adverts promising me hot women if i use it?
About price gouging not OS
The only alternative to vista for most people is xp.
I dont want linux, i want to play games. (no i dont want to run wine etc when i can run native). I certainly wouldnt ask my mother to install/use linux.
If i wanted a mac, i'd buy a mac. I certainly wouldn't buy one to run xp so i can play games. (this ones perfect for my mom)
You fan boys are always a laugh. (Its an OS not a religion.) I try to use the right tool for the job. Microsoft isnt perfect but its what I currently need to run new games.
The petition is not about what OS, its about what price should we pay for it (vista). Just because we live in the UK we should apparently pay twice as much as anywhere else for it.
Even if you dont want to use it, you should at least see it applies to other consumer products as well...
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide