13 posts • joined 17 Jun 2009
Is everyone writing English here or is this another new hybrid language?
Confoosed (not difficult)
Whacko, 'cos I need a good caning.
Those flairy fings prolly explain the hot flushes I get. That last "whoosh" was particularly big 'cos 8½ minutes later I had a hot flush. At least I now know not to trust my GP. Menopause indeed; solar flairs frying me vitals more like!
I thought in spaaaace, there was no atmosphere hence no lens flare? Someone please correct me if I am wrong. It's doin' me head in!
The mangle of the dangle
I was very careful NOT to tweet (oh dear that's a noun (sorta) becoming a verb far too quickly and without the benefit of 200+ years of Oxford Professors humming and hawing over it.
I put the comments on El Reg, of course, because no self respecting plod would bother to look at it, being a bit erudite and out of their league.
Gotta run now, there's this rather loud knock at my door...
"as the BBC says.."
that'll be supernovae then.
Someone should go in there and mangle them before I do!
Fans and Ribbons
Those are, of course, the Dune sandworms on their annual migration South.
I know...sigh..I'll get me coat as it's Friday.
Infinitives and beyond..
I for one welcome our SRA overlords "knowingly splitting infinities" where no lawyers should have gone before - not if they've been educated proppa anyways!
A bit of balance!
Whilst I hate evil megalomaniacal firms as much as the next person, I have to say that there are 3 reasons why I recommend Sky - at least for me.
1. I live in an area of piss-poor TV reception, but with my SKY box I get perfect pictures everytime and a built-in record facility to save faffing around with video etc (yes, I have still got a video).
2. SKY broadband has proven to be ultra-reliable and considtent with good customer support (actually I only used it once and the girl at the other end knew what she was talking about)
3. The SKY + Phone package costs peanuts compared to some
4. The unlimited broadband option IS truly unlimited (handy for those pesky Linux distros)
Yes I know that's 4 but who's counting?
So say what you will about Murdoch - his firm delivers and, without it, I'd be kaboozled!
Just my tuppen'orth.
Comet? I think not!
What a load of twaddle! It's stating the bleedin' obvious that those are landing lights coming from a rather dusty spaceship and not a comet at all.
I dunno, blinkin' scientists! What do they know eh?
I for one welcome our great white overlords.
Mind you, having been to Newquay, I can say for certain that from what I've seen, the surfers there are far from innocent!
Actually I'm more worried about their fundamentalist, religous fanaticism! Wars have been started over this.
Special relationship? Keep it, I'll take my chance with the French - at least we can keep them under control with our archers.
Paris - because, no doubt, her French is exemplary..
Cornish Robot Lesbian Thing
I for one welcome our Cornish Lesbian Overlords...hmm. Don't think I've quite got that right.
Ah well, nice try.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?