5 posts • joined 17 Jun 2009
Er what's the point of a legal bit torrent tracker
To er download Linux distros? Yes, right....
Well done El Reg
Great jounalism by the Reg contributed to this result. Keep up the good work.
FFS, you are all idiotholes.
The fact that the BBC has upstream internet connectivity that they pay for isn't the point. iPlayer, in one of its forms, is a Peer to Peer network so once seeded the traffic is "off net" from BBC's perspective, so the BBC isn't paying the full transit cost. So ISPs are right to be concerned about this, as they are paying to deliver the content provider's content.
I'll buy a few of these
One for home, one for my travel bag (VPN back to the UK so no GeoIP problems) and one or two for the office. Nice.
And the US government also tries to disconnect Iran from t'Internet
The US Government won't trade with Iran, not will it allow US citizens, or anyone in the US to trade with Iran. This includes Internet connectivity. So it's 30 years in Federal jail if you sell Internet connectivity to the Iranians, yet we keep on getting these stories suggesting the State Dept is also encouraging the use of the Internet for psyops/free press/propaganda. Make your mind up please.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base