2 posts • joined 17 Jun 2009
Just one more thing
Just one more thing, I like the idea that the Stick will wipe itself after a user defined amount of incorrect password attempts - if a thief put that in a cracking machine they have 20 attempts to get it right or their efforts were in vein.
I think your missing the point - Hardware encryption!
Are you seriously suggesting to me that the cheap alternative is anywhere near as good, hasn't anyone heard of the benefits of hardware encryption against software encryption?
Its so easy tamper with DIY encrypted sticks - acceptable for the home user but I certainly would not want my doctor carrying my personal details around on a DIY stick, what standard does the true crypt conform to? FIPS 140-2? no I don't think so, the comment about SafeStick being for security obsessed users, is this not the point? - and why is it considerd obsessive - people need to take this more seriously.
Through put does not bother me, but security and management does, I think this article has gravely overlooked hardware encryption for a cheaper alternative - its sad to see that the point of security is still be overlooked by cost - you pay for what you get -
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- JINGS! Microsoft Bing called Scots indyref RIGHT!