4 posts • joined 16 Jun 2009
I tend to think putting basiji snipers on rooftops to shoot kids down in the street means the Iranian government is not especially concerned about public relations at this time.
That's got to be the sanest thing I've ever heard a PETA representative say.
What needs justified?
"The article at no point suggests that any form of animal behaviour can be judged by our standards, or that it in any way justifies similar actions in humans."
I wasn't aware that 'similar actions in humans' required justification, actually.
Though I do like the point about not judging by human standards; I mean, dolphins do it because they enjoy it, and because no dolphin in history has ever looked at another and said 'You faggot!' Now what makes humans so much less clever?
Andy17 nails it
Nice publicity stunt, guys, though I do have to admit it might be a little more practical in London than in the US, where we actually have enough space for things like highways.
(Oh, and to the one anonymous coward who talks about burning coal at a power station vs. gasoline in a car -- no, no, no, you've got it all wrong. The term is "carbon offset". Can you say "carbon offset"? I knew you could!)
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln