4 posts • joined 16 Jun 2009
I tend to think putting basiji snipers on rooftops to shoot kids down in the street means the Iranian government is not especially concerned about public relations at this time.
That's got to be the sanest thing I've ever heard a PETA representative say.
What needs justified?
"The article at no point suggests that any form of animal behaviour can be judged by our standards, or that it in any way justifies similar actions in humans."
I wasn't aware that 'similar actions in humans' required justification, actually.
Though I do like the point about not judging by human standards; I mean, dolphins do it because they enjoy it, and because no dolphin in history has ever looked at another and said 'You faggot!' Now what makes humans so much less clever?
Andy17 nails it
Nice publicity stunt, guys, though I do have to admit it might be a little more practical in London than in the US, where we actually have enough space for things like highways.
(Oh, and to the one anonymous coward who talks about burning coal at a power station vs. gasoline in a car -- no, no, no, you've got it all wrong. The term is "carbon offset". Can you say "carbon offset"? I knew you could!)
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2