1 post • joined 8 May 2007
ANNNNCIENT NEWS: TORONTO COMPUTES SEPTEMBER 1990!!
Talk about dusting covers off old ideas! Another example of Canadian know-how creeping into the limelight light years after they're thought forgotten: I remember reading a front page article in 1990 about two Ryerson University CompSci students debating the merits of this very idea and lamenting the lack of funding to really kick things into gear. That was circa 1990-91! I wonder what happened to Messrs Attah-Poku, Karamuna and Mcnair: hopefully they're working on ideas even more exotic these days! Remember hearing of something called a MOACH (Modem On a Chip) back in 1993? Yessir - the same Attah-Poku dude's ideas. I used to really hate them; I was a York U student back then!
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs