Hot Curry Powder
So, the advice from SPB is to proceed with caution if using hot curry powder. So it was that I proceeded last night with reckless abandon instead and went for it.
Here's what happened:
1) As I added the spices to the pan my eyes began to sting almost immediately.
2) As the sauce mixture began to reduce to a paste consistency I realised the kitchen would never smell the same again.
3) After decanting the reduced mixture into a mixing bowl I began to attack with a hand blender.
4) About 10 seconds into the blending there was a popping sound, puff of smoke and smell of knackered electric motor as the curry sauce had destroyed the blender.
5) I had a go with a fork until I gave up and decided chunky Currywurst was OK really.
6) With the addition of some fried Bratwurst and some Spud Wedges I served up with a Pilsner.
Verdict: Use Hot Curry Powder. It was really, really good, Lester's just being a wuss. Bring a spare blender, though.
Blender-killing sauce reduction:
Curry, Sausage (sliced, of course) and Chips: