1 post • joined 15 Jun 2009
who scaled out first, who'll scale out next
Well, no matter who came first, HP will be owning the "extreme scale out" concept from now on, for sure, thanks to the best server marketing machine on the planet and to faithful HP brand champions like Matt.
The fact that IBM announced a very similar product over one year before HP http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/23/ibm_idataplex/
and the fact that Dell had an OEM server product which served the same segment (described in a BLOG they now unfortunately removed) will become irrelevant.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland