1 post • joined Monday 15th June 2009 11:38 GMT
who scaled out first, who'll scale out next
Well, no matter who came first, HP will be owning the "extreme scale out" concept from now on, for sure, thanks to the best server marketing machine on the planet and to faithful HP brand champions like Matt.
The fact that IBM announced a very similar product over one year before HP http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/23/ibm_idataplex/
and the fact that Dell had an OEM server product which served the same segment (described in a BLOG they now unfortunately removed) will become irrelevant.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination