1 post • joined 15 Jun 2009
who scaled out first, who'll scale out next
Well, no matter who came first, HP will be owning the "extreme scale out" concept from now on, for sure, thanks to the best server marketing machine on the planet and to faithful HP brand champions like Matt.
The fact that IBM announced a very similar product over one year before HP http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/23/ibm_idataplex/
and the fact that Dell had an OEM server product which served the same segment (described in a BLOG they now unfortunately removed) will become irrelevant.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan