1 post • joined 12 Jun 2009
Uses for a G4 Powerbook
Assuming you have the Airport (wifi) card installed:
- plug in a USB printer and you have a wireless print server (under sharing in system preferences)
- plug in a USB modem and you have a wireless Internet server (under sharing in system preferences)
I do both on my 10 year old Pismo Powerbook running 10.4. You can also install VNC so you can remotely manage the laptop from another computer.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Nobody wants to look at your boobs: Snapchat gets ads 'that interest you'
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun