1 post • joined 12 Jun 2009
Uses for a G4 Powerbook
Assuming you have the Airport (wifi) card installed:
- plug in a USB printer and you have a wireless print server (under sharing in system preferences)
- plug in a USB modem and you have a wireless Internet server (under sharing in system preferences)
I do both on my 10 year old Pismo Powerbook running 10.4. You can also install VNC so you can remotely manage the laptop from another computer.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?