1 post • joined 12 Jun 2009
Uses for a G4 Powerbook
Assuming you have the Airport (wifi) card installed:
- plug in a USB printer and you have a wireless print server (under sharing in system preferences)
- plug in a USB modem and you have a wireless Internet server (under sharing in system preferences)
I do both on my 10 year old Pismo Powerbook running 10.4. You can also install VNC so you can remotely manage the laptop from another computer.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE