1 post • joined 12 Jun 2009
Uses for a G4 Powerbook
Assuming you have the Airport (wifi) card installed:
- plug in a USB printer and you have a wireless print server (under sharing in system preferences)
- plug in a USB modem and you have a wireless Internet server (under sharing in system preferences)
I do both on my 10 year old Pismo Powerbook running 10.4. You can also install VNC so you can remotely manage the laptop from another computer.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'