1 post • joined 12 Jun 2009
Uses for a G4 Powerbook
Assuming you have the Airport (wifi) card installed:
- plug in a USB printer and you have a wireless print server (under sharing in system preferences)
- plug in a USB modem and you have a wireless Internet server (under sharing in system preferences)
I do both on my 10 year old Pismo Powerbook running 10.4. You can also install VNC so you can remotely manage the laptop from another computer.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015