4 posts • joined 8 May 2007
"Watch old episodes of Tomorrow's World and you'll be struck by the way that the UK has teetered on the brink of technology greatness only to pull back"
Does anyone remember the episode in the late seventies when Raymond Baxter (I think) demonstrated the wonders of the then new fibre optic cable, and how it was going to revolutionize telecoms? Still waiting!
Here's something for Google to spend it's money on
After all, they asked Robert Bussard to give this talk -
I'm no physicist, and practically ALL of this talk went over my head, but for a "mere" $200 million (at 2006 prices!) here is a possible alternative to fission reactors, and to the current (very expensive - $14 Billion - as at 2006) attempts at fusion.
I have an unopened, shrink-wrapped OS/2 Warp, version 3. Do you think I should pop round to the Antiques Roadshow when they're next in my area?
Ain't texting long winded
It must be me, then!
Think about it - a text exchange of half a dozen texts will cost each user, whereas you can probably say everything you need to in a 30 second call - costing much less!
As I said - it must be me!
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize