6 posts • joined Friday 12th June 2009 13:47 GMT
The important directory is the 'SteamApps' folder under Steam in the program files. Copy this to a safe place. Then , re-install a new steam client to the new machine/drive/whatever and copy/replace the new 'SteamApps' folder with your old one.
You will have to re-login to Steam on the new client. When you do, all your old games data will be there.
Have been done to death on proving the value of IT. I've a few on my pen drive in case of emergency "Value for Money" presentations.
The solution is to embed all IT into the business and to give the CTO a major voice on the board. All investment programs should be vetted by Business, Finance and IT. Measure and review the performance of IT in terms of costs saved, or revenue earned. etc etc.
Wait.....I have a PPT all ready to go......no, don't leave......<sobs>
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?