5 posts • joined 12 Jun 2009
"So I went to palemoon which is more or less firefox without the UI changes for Australis, and everything works fine."
I'd recommend Pale Moon to any Firefox user who is fed up with it. Pale Moon totally disagrees with the UI changes that Firefox have made, and it also doesn't have a manic release cycle which breaks add-ons.
So rather than the cars bursting into flames, the drivers will get electrocuted instead? Sounds good to me!
Lack of knowledge is no excuse.
You don't have to know anything about car mechanics to realise that when it starts making a strange noise, something is wrong, so you go get advice, go to a garage etc. And anyway, any car owner who doesn't know how to check the fluid levels, tyre pressures or change a tyre or bulbs SHOULDN'T be driving.
Same with computers. Knowing nothing about how they work isn't an excuse. Anyone with even a fraction of a brain between their ears knows to be suspicious of emails especially from someone you've never heard of who asks you to click on a link! And people who don't keep their software upto date, don't use anti-virus/anti-malware/browser security plug-ins and don't scan downloads before opening them SHOULDN'T be using a computer.
Considering the present economic climate . .
. . . where people are cutting back on buying new and second hand / thrift shops are recording bumper profits, Ebay should be raking it in. To make a loss in this climate from such a business just shows how spectacularly incompetent the management are, and how many of their customers have left in droves.
Crazy . . .
. . . and stupid. MS only need one version, and three questions in the setup:
1. Are you a business or home user?
2. Do you want to install Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer and all the other crap we bundle for free in our OS?
3. If you answered no to question2, please choose which of the following you wish to install:
[Insert list of browsers, media players and other cool non MS stuff]
Now what's so difficult with that?
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize