Re: And they have a ludicrous mandatory weak password policy too
@badvok "the only real issue* if someone hacks the account is that they could pay your bill for you!"
Really? Let's see.
- They can get your landline number and your name (don't think the postal address is available)
- They can see every telephone number you called, with its time, duration and cost.
- They can see every PPV thing you ordered, and when (I presume - I don't have their TV)
- They can muck about with up to 9 other accounts you can set up for people.
- They can change your subscription, such as broadband speed and TV bundles - imagine the hoops you'd have to jump through to rectify that
- They can see your security question and answer (Yep - another Virgin Media fail - it's there in plain sight on the web page)
Hmm - your complacency seems somewhat naive, especially as you are keen to give the impression you know all about security.