Re: Babylon 5 dissappointment
That episode when Delenn was going through some transcendental transformation..the transformation? She grew hair.
What exactly were you expecting a Human/Minbari hybrid to look like? A lizard?
Last episode of B5 I ever watched.
Sooooo....you watched the very first part of season 2? Off the top of my head, you missed:
* The Clark conspiracy
* The return of the Shadows and their influence on the Centauri
* The invasion and later liberation of Narn
* The imposition of martial law
* G'Kar mind-raping Mollari
* B5 breaking away from Earth
* The return of Lyta Alexander
* The entire frigging shadow war!
* The First Ones
* The theft of Babylon 4 and the reveal of Valen
* Sheridan divebombing a ship full of nukes onto a planet!
* The assassination of Emperor Cartagia
* Garibaldi being manipulated by the Psi-corps
* The Mars rebellion
* Psi-corps trying to take over the government
* William Edgars attempting to kill every telepath on Earth
* The breaking of the grey council and the Minbari civil war
* The Earth Alliance civil war
* "Scorched Earth" (fans will get that)
* G'Kar becoming a holy man
* The beginning of the telepath war
* The fall of Centauri Prime
* Llondo ascending the throne
* Babylon 5 getting blown up
And how could I forget:
* Lennir beats the shit out of an entire bar full of people because Llondo was cheating at cards.
Yeah..... I'll grant that Season 1 was the weakest, but running out of ideas? The whole thing was written in advance; that's how Paramount were able to rip it off, after all. Episodes, characters, etc are referenced across seasons, and character arcs span years at a time. I would recommend giving it another shot - you quit right before everything kicks off!