5 posts • joined 6 Jun 2009
I can find only one tweet
The only tweet I can find is http://twitter.com/mtnygard/status/665968355319808
"It's our intent to have a premium version of the JDK." Said in addition to the open source JDK. #qconsf
The official story on "premium" are not "premium JVMs" but rather "premium programs" mentioned in http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/173782
"Premium Offerings" != "Premium JVM"
The official Press Release from Oracle in this topic came during JavaOne. Quoting from http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/173782
* The Oracle JDK and Java Runtime Environment (JRE) will continue to be available as free downloads, with no changes to the existing licensing models.
* Premium offerings such as JRockit Mission Control, JRockit Real Time, Java for Business and Enterprise Support will continue to be made available for an additional charge.
Link to tweets?
Could you post the links to the "Tweets" from the conference that triggered the article. No need to post them all, just a couple would be useful.
Some users of GlassFish
A selection of GlassFish users is available at:
GlassFish - Transactions? Jobs Postings?
(Pelegri-Llopart said...) "although it lagged JBoss, IBM's WebSphere, and Oracle's WebLogic in absolute number of transactions"..
Hi Gavin - I believe you are refering to a chart I presented about job postings. The slides were not clearly labeled but that was the last overlay of the adoption section. Commenting on that slide I mentioned that although the growth of GF jobs (at Indeed.com) is significantly faster that that of competitors, the absolute number was still lower than them, .
There are several likely explanations for that, from plain "jobs are a lagging indicator for adoption" to the ease of use of GlassFish and strong standards support that means existing engineers can just switch from Tomcat/JBoss/WAS/WLS to GF.
BTW, later in the week we posted a relevant report on adoption from Ohlo.net  that indicates that the majority of the new Open Source projects are targeting GlassFish. Your readers may want to check that report.
- Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst