1 post • joined 24 May 2009
I think there's a problem with the maths in the article. If the artist gets to keep 40% of the sale price, the hypothetical $9 cd nets the artist approximately $3.60 per disc. If they owe $31.00 for the same, hypothetical disc to be distributed, it's 9 cds that would be the break even point, not 4, unless Amazon is paying a portion of the $31 that is due - which I doubt.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots