2 posts • joined 19 May 2009
The SATA drive in the MyXerver is formatted to XFS - so it works on Mac and PC.
With regards to the SMB comment, whcih I assume to mean Server Message Block, I have asked our tech team to advise and I'll come back to you..
I am Product Manager in the UK for the MyXerver, which means that I'm supposed to be able to answer any questions you have on it. I'll check back when I can to see any new issues but to answer a couple of comments:
RAID will be an option on the future versions of the MyXerver because of the second hard drive you can chain from the USB port. It's not something we've tried to include in this incarnation, but since you can set up backups to multiple drives mapped on the computer (the USB drive would appear as a separate Network Drive) you could very easily backup to both in one go. It's not technically RAID, but you've effectively then got a mirror of the first drive. The NT3600 is the USB version we produce which looks identical to the MyXerver.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why