1 post • joined 17 May 2009
SFU and the GPL
"Windows Services for Unix has been a product of Microsoft's for years. It is under the GPL and my understanding is that Microsoft has complied with the terms of that license.
Not that I am aware of."
Actually, Services for Unix does indeed include GPL software (in addition to BSD). See http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/30073 for details. This is far from the first product to include FOSS code.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad