7 posts • joined Friday 15th May 2009 12:26 GMT
Re: Still with the tincy-wincy liddle screen?
Because you hold it s few centimeters from your nose.
Don't forget ongoing costs.
These are great, but they don't tell you there are future costs.
My battery gave up after a year (being used every day). I expected it to last at least 1000 cycles, but the manufacturers seem to think a year is not unusual, depending on usage.
Replacements cost about £70 for an official one, £55ish for a (better..) unofficial one.
If you complain they will offer you 30% off... if you keep complaining they might give in and send you a free one (they did for me...).
At the end of the day i will continue to replace the battery at my own expense in future as it does such a great job (three cats shed a lot of fur).
I just think they should make you aware of this expense up front though.
Why say AMOLED = less power then quote standby by times; I would have thought the display would make no difference to the standby time... seeing how the screen is off in standby mode.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Apple sends in the bulldozers as Fruit Loop construction begins