1 post • joined 5 May 2009
"Macro4 SAP product specialist Markus Fehr told The Reg that Unicode requires four bytes of memory per character" ... which as a sound bite is technically correct re. UTF-32
Trouble is, SAP uses UTF-16 on the application server layer and either UTF-8, CESU-8, or UTF-16 on the database layer.
Perhaps the 'SAP product Specialist'' should read SAP's FAQs
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs